13th Pro Bono Environmental Moot Court Competition at School of Excellence in Law, Chennai on Oct 18-20, 2019:
About the Organizer and Event:
School of Excellence in Law, as a part of its endeavours of facilitating its support to the student community of the country and to spread Environmental consciousness, takes immense pleasure in announcing the 13th Edition of its Pro-Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2019.
This flagship event of our institution is based on Environmental Law and is intended to create awareness among the student body regarding pressing environmental complications.
The previous editions of National Moot Court Competition have proved to be an enriching experience for the participants owing to its unconventional and challenging moot propositions and high standards of judging by various eminent lawyers and Hon’ble Judges of the Madras High Court.
The attributes of discipline and transparency ensured by the Moot Court Association of SOEL have contributed to the previous successful chapters leading to increased participation from year to year since its inception.
Submission and Applications Details:
Central Subject: International Environmental Law, Marine Law and Space Debris
Dates: 16th – 18th October 2018.
Venue: School of Excellence in Law, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Official Language: The official working language of the Moot Court is English.
Eligibility and Team Composition:
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three years or five-year LLB or BL degree course in any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each registered institution.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team consisting of two members, each of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’. In a team consisting of three members, two of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
Submission Registration and Application Details:
- Provisional Registration of the participating institutions shall be sent to soelprobono13[at]gmail.comfrom the official Email ID of the Institution/Moot Court Association on or before 10th September 2019, 11:59 PM IST.
- Upon receipt of an e-mail confirming provisional registration from the Organizing Committee, participants shall duly fill the Registration form available as Annexure 1 in this information booklet.
- The Participants are also requested to pay the registration fee of INR 4,000/-by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai”, payable at Chennai.
- The registration fee is waived for the participants from Government Law Colleges of Tamil Nadu affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University.
- A scanned copy of the Registration Form and Demand Draft must be sent to soelprobono13[at]gmail.com on or before 16th September 2019, 11.59 PM IST.
- Upon receipt of the Soft Copy of the Registration Form and the Demand Draft, an online Travel form will be sent to the teams which must be duly filled in by the participating teams. The Demand Draft shall reach the Organizing Committee on or before 19th September 2019, 06.00 PM via Speed Post or Courier. The address for correspondence is as specified in Rule 9.1.
- Teams that have completed Registration in accordance with the above shall be assigned a Team Code. All correspondence to the Organizing Committee shall specify only the Team Code.
- No alteration in the Team Composition shall be permitted after the receipt of the Registration Form, except at the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.