Shivaji College UNIVERSITY OF DELHI In Collaboration with Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Center (MHRFDC) presents ( November 14-20, 2019 :One Week Interdisciplinary Faculty Development Programme
ABOUT THE FDP:
Teaching and research are the backbone of the academic profession. Search for knowledge or any systematic investigation to establish facts is known as research. It is about searching systematically for solutions to problems. For this statistical tools/devices are required. These tools not only provide a way of summarizing data into manageable and quicker way, but also help the researcher to make effective decisions about research problems. The process and product of scientific investigation and enquiry have been shaped by multiple factors, technological leaps and various cultural traditions to name a few. Methodologies, paradigms have metamorphosed considerably, as have ontologies and epistemologies. It may then be safe to say that there exist today in the research thought and action space, both, deviance and convergence from historically held and validated viewpoints. It is thus essential to propagate intersectionalities of seemingly diverse academic fields of knowledge as well as of varied research methods and techniques. An initiative to pivot a move directed at evolving methodologies for interdisciplinary enquiry will be a welcome step in meeting the aforesaid purpose.
- To encourage the research orientation of keen researchers in different disciplines.
- To familiarize the participants with an understanding of advances in research methods in the field of Social Science.
- To provide hands-on practical sessions on software that have inbuilt features to address challenges and opportunities in the field of research.
- Basic Statistics for Research
- Questionnaire Designing
- Hypothesis Testing
- Reliability and Validity Analysis
- Factor Analysis
- Non-Parametric Tests
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Multiple and Logistic Regression Analysis
There is NO REGISTRATION FEE.
Pre-registration to the programme is through online mode only.
Interested participants are required to fill the online pre-registration form available at the following link latest by 31st October 2019.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The programme must be attended by Faculty members, Research scholars and academicians from Interdisciplinary field.