SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL HYDERABAD Presents NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM on January 11th and 12th 2020:
ABOUT CCRM Centre for Consumer Rights and Marketing (CCRM) has been established in Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad with the motive of understanding the multi-dimensional aspects of a buyer and seller relationships. It works on creating consumer awareness and also in understanding the importance of responsible marketing. These two elements, in turn, lead to effective entrepreneurial development.
BACKGROUND FOR THE SYMPOSIUM:
Consumerism is a social movement seeking to augment the rights and powers of buyers in relation to sellers and has gradually emerged in most of the western countries as a powerful force to be reckoned with, as the markets are now flooded with innumerable varieties of products.
It’s been claimed that consumerism has led the society to a point where humanity now has a global ecological footprint, one third larger than the planet we inhabit. Sustainable consumption can be a remedy for excessive consumption. Moving towards sustainable consumption may in the end be a task for the individual but the debate about this must also acknowledge the structural factors that surround the consumer. The focus here will be on the power of the political system to intervene.
The major theme of the symposium is “Consumerism, Consumer Citizenship and Sustainable Consumption”. We are inviting papers from different disciplines including Law, Business Management, Political Science and Environmental Sciences. The sub-themes include, but are not limited to:
- Jurisprudential and conceptual dimensions of consumerism
- Consumer advocacy- Innovation and transformation of consumer laws
- Consumer protection and criminal liability
- Consumerism in International integration of E-commerce
- Political Consumerism
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable consumption
- Consumer citizenship and global citizenship
- Crony Consumerism
Registration fees (includes accommodation and food) to be paid upon selection of abstract is
- Rs. 2000/- for UG and PG students *Additional charge of Rs. 1000/- per Co-author.
- Rs. 2500/- for Research Scholars, Academicians and practitioner *Additional charge of Rs. 1500/- per Co-author.
- Rs. 3000/- for Corporates *Additional charge of Rs. 1500/- per Co-author.
- All abstracts and manuscripts must be submitted to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selection of abstracts will be notified by 10th December 2019.
- The final paper must be submitted by 25th December 2019.
- The participants must pay the registration fees latest by 25thDecember 2019.