Conference 2019: NLSIU Centre for Civil Society Law and Liberty Conference;
About the Organizer:
Centre for Civil Society is an independent public policy think tank based in New Delhi working on research, advocacy and outreach on critical public policy issues that affect India.The Centre has won many awards for its work in the field of policy reform. CCS is the only Indian think tank in the top 100, in Global Go To Think Tank Index Report 2015 by Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program at the University of Pennsylvania.
About the Conference:
Centre for Civil Society is organising the Law and Liberty Conference by Centre for Civil Society in association with L-Tech at NLSIU, Bangalore on 23rd and 24th November 2019.
The conference will be held in collaboration with the Law and Technology Society, National Law School of India University, Bangalore. The LLC aims to explore the nexus of legal thought and practise with the core ideas of personal and economic liberty.
This edition of the Law and Liberty Conference will comprise of the following:
- Three expert panels covering the spheres of banking, technology law and constitutionalism in the background of personal and economic freedom.
- Panel experts providing a variety of perspectives, from academia, governance as well as legal practice.
- Introductory sessions on Institutional and Public Choice economics with its relation to Governance and Regulatory structures.
- Engagement with over 90 of the best law students in the country in constructive legal discourse.
- Top Participants will be invited to present their opinions on the panel topic before an expert panel.
Theme: Legal Foundations of a Free Society
(Candidates will be confirmed on a rolling basis)
- Application Fees: 1,000/- (which shall cover refreshments, networking lunch, and overheads for the entire duration of the program.)
Application Deadline: 3rd November 2019