ONE DAY TRAINING PROGRAMME ON HUMAN RIGHTS Organized by Department of Law H.N.B. Garhwal University (A Central University), Tehri on 18 th February,2020:
Department of Law H.N.B.Garhwal University, S.R.T. Campus :
The Department of Law at H.N.B.Garhwal University functions with an objective to sensitize the younger generation on legal problems and to undertake research along its legal dimensions. The Department aims to make strategic investigations to enable informed decision making in the public and personal realms to promote peace and sustainability for maintaining the harmony of life. It is gearing up to provide proper institutional leadership to the emerging demands of access, equity, relevance and quality in the legal education system in India. The department is dynamically and creatively responds to the shifting paradigms in legal education in tune with the changing needs of society.
The Department of Law, SRT Campus in collaboration with the National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi is organizing One Day Training Programme to spread human rights literacy among various sections of the society.
Theme and Objectives of the Training Programme Human rights are:
The various sessions of the Training Programme cover the following sub themes:
- Constitutional Provision (Fundamental Rights)
- Universal Declaration on Human Rights, 1948 (UDHR)
- International Covenants regarding Human
- Rights Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Composition and Functioning of NHRC/SHRCs
- UN Convention on the Elimination of All
- Forms of Discrimination against Women, 1979 and its Optional Protocol
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, 1989 and its Optional Protocols
- Bonded Labour Issues &the Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976
- Child Labour Issue &Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986
- SC/ST Issues &Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe ( Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, Civil Liberties Act 1988& The Forest Rights Act,2006.
Seminar Hall S.R.T.Campus,
H.N.B.Garhwal University Tehri,Uttarakhand.
There is No Registration Fee for the Training Programme.
Participants (Maximum No. 100) will be provided kit, study materials, tea and lunch.
No TA/DA will be provided.