DATE OF THE SEMINAR : 14th March 2020
VENUE OF THE SEMINAR : Faculty of Law, PES University, Bengaluru
PES University, located in Bengaluru, India is one among the country’s leading teaching and research universities. The University is committed to providing “education for the important world” that inspires students to realize their potential. Our students graduate with the power to adapt to an intellectually and technologically changing environment. Over the years, we’ve accomplished this with the participative efforts of the management, staff, students and fogeys .
The following themes are only generic; the participants are liberal to work on more specific areas under the above-mentioned themes.
- Judiciary vis-a–vis a Living Constitution
- Shifting Paradigms of Criminal Law Jurisprudence and Apex Court
- Appointments, Accountability, Independence: Indian Judiciary at Crossroads
- Artificial Intelligence, Internet and Supreme Court
- ADR and the Waning Significance of the Supreme Court
- Apex Court and Environmental Governance
- Expansive Interpretation of Fundamental Rights: in Retrospect and Prospect
- Religion, Secularism and Judiciary
- Affirmative Action and Judicial Process
- Judicial Activism or Overreach?
- Supreme Court and Centre – State Relations
- Supreme Court on the Doctrine of Basic Structure
The abstract shall be a minimum of 300 words and shall not exceed 750 words. It must be accompanied by a canopy page, containing the subsequent details:
Title of the Paper and Sub-Theme, Name of the Author(s), Name of the Institution, E-mail
Address and get in touch with number, Postal Address.
Papers regarding the above mentioned sub-themes are often submitted for discussion at the seminar subject to the subsequent submission guidelines.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. just in case of co-authorship both the authors got to be physically present on the day of the seminar.
- No Proxy presentations are going to be allowed.
- The paper must be accompanied with the subsequent details:
- A covering letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the College/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email Address and get in touch with Number.
- Subject to the choice of the University Editorial Committee, the ultimate papers are going to be published.
- On the day of the presentation, the presenters are required to submit 3 Hard Copies of the Paper thus submitted.
- The Faculty of Law, PES University keep with its mandate of publishing original material, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is susceptible to be rejected.
- The following themes are only generic; the participants are liberal to work on more specific areas under the above-mentioned themes.
- FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
- The main text should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Line Spacing 1.0.
- One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation Style: Bluebook – 20th Edition.
- All the submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010 format. Full paper has got to be submitted in PDF
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Students (co-authorship): Rs. 750/-
- Academics/ Professionals /Research scholars: Rs. 1000/-
- Academics/ Professionals /Research scholars (co-authorship): Rs. 1250/-
- The Registration Fee includes a seminar kit, a working lunch and refreshments on the day of the Seminar.
- Note: DD (from Nationalized Bank preferably) shall be drawn in favour of “PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND” payable at Bengaluru.
- For further details visit: http://www.pesulawseminar.weebly.com
- last date for abstract submission : 15th February, 2020
- communication of the selected abstracts : 19th February 2020
- last date for registration : 26th February 2020
- deadline for the full paper submission : 7th march 2020
- date of the seminar : 14th march 2020
FOR FURTHER DETAILS , PLEASE VISIT BROCHURE BELOW
Mr. Maheen Qureshi
Ranjeet Mathew Jacob