About the University
Parul Institute of Law, Parul University, Vadodara currently offers Five year Integrated courses of BALLB, BComLLB, BBALLB, Three year LLB (Unitary) course and One year LL.M Program in six specializations of Intellectual Property Law, International Law, Public Policy and Governance, Criminal and Security Laws, Environmental Law and International Human Rights Law.
About the Conference
Parul Institute of Law and Centre of Research for Development, Parul University is organizing a National Conference titled ‘Scientific Temperament in Public Policy: Social engineering lives’ on 29th February 2020 Saturday. The conference aims to serve as a platform to discuss and critically review the journey of India from 1947.
It seeks to engage the stakeholders from different spheres and analyze the role of scientific temperament in public policy. While the same is critical inclusiveness and peaceful growth, and development of the nation, it also has its inadvertent influence and impact on individual lives.
The objective of the conference is to identify these grey areas, develop sustainable solutions through discourse from diverse fields and disciplines, and work towards creating a pluralistic and egalitarian society.
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat
Any student, research scholar, academician or professional.
Papers may be presented on the following sub-themes:
- Religion and culture – Inter-relations in modern discourses of law
- Role of State: Moralizing law or legalizing morality
- Customary law – legitimizing beliefs
- Role of law in engineering perceptions and moulding opinions
- Nationalism and Jingoism in contemporary times – an output of blind faith
- Homogenization of beliefs and way of living – A premise for national integration
- Arthashastra: Law, state and economics in current times
- Judicial trends in promoting constitutional mandate of developing scientific temper
- State approaches to dissent – Scientific attitude in public discourse
- Innovations in curriculum and pedagogical tools in education
- Approaches to further pluralism in public policy
- Critical approach to research – A quest for truth
The above-mentioned themes are only indicative and any paper relevant to the main theme of the conference may be submitted.
Academicians/Professionals: Rs. 1000/-
Students/Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
Mode of Payment
Via demand draft in favour of “Research & Development Unit of PU” or online mode on the account details given below:
Bank: HDFC Bank
Account Name: R & D Centre Unit of PU
Account Number: 50100269520370
IFSC Code: HDFC0009277
MICR Code: 390240031
Branch: Sangam Char Rasta
The details of payment must be mailed to email@example.com.
17 February 2020: Submission of abstracts
25 February 2020: Last date for Registration
29 February 2020: Conference date and submission of full paper
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Jimmy Jose: +91 7802914805
For Registration Click Here