Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
HOW IT SPREADS
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water at least 20 seconds after touching a suspected contaminated surface.
- cover your cough with a disposable tissue or use mask and discard them immediately in a waste bin. don’t wear the mask for more than a day.
- avoid coming into the contact with people who are sick or share the personal items, food, utensils, cups and towels
- avoid touching eyes, ears and nose
- seek medical advice if you are sick.
information courtesy : https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus