Mission is to lead the development of a balanced and effective international IP system that enables innovation and creativity for the benefit of all. WIPO’s mandate, governing bodies and procedures are set out in the WIPO Convention, which established WIPO in 1967.
ABOUT DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE
Since 1999, WIPO have been offering distance learning (DL) courses, covering all aspects of intellectual property (IP), to both professionals and those new to the field.
WIPO is the only institution offering online IP courses in up to ten languages.
Interaction between our students and faculty of renowned academics from universities worldwide, takes place online through discussion forums.
WHO CAN APPLY?
This course is open for all who are wishing to obtain a general understanding of the PCT system.
Current Session : 15th Jan 2020 – 17th Nov 2020
Course : 15th Jan 2020 – 30th Nov 2020
The DL101PCT course provides an introduction and general overview of the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), an international system that facilitates the acquisition of patents on a global scale.
The DL101PCT course is comprised of fourteen modules:
- Module 1: What is the PCT?
- Module 2: Why Use the PCT?
- Module 3: Preparing the PCT Application
- Module 4: Filing the PCT Application
- Module 5: PCT Electronic Services
- Module 6: Patent Agents and Common Representatives
- Module 7: International Search Report and Written Opinion of the ISA
- Module 8: International Publication
- Module 9: International Preliminary Examination
- Module 10: Entry into the National Phase
- Module 11: Special International Phase Procedures
- Module 12: Procedures for Inventions in the Field of Biotechnology
- Module 13: Access by Third Parties to the File of a PCT Application
- Module 14: PCT Outlook
Final Exam and Certificate
This course is entirely self-study. An electronic certificate may be generated upon successful completion of the course quizzes.