Deadline for registration : 31st March 2020
GRO Global is a non-profit organization with a global presence that is dedicated to elevating the practice of mediation and serving local communities. They strive to achieve this through their international training partners, free local mediation clinics,
certification standards for mediators and trainers, code of conduct, resources and platforms.
The Essay Competition
JLU Centre for International Commercial Arbitration & Alternate
Dispute Redressal in association with GRO Global is organizing an Online National Level Essay Writing Competition.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE ?
The competition is open for all the law students undergraduate or postgraduate courses from any recognized university/college across India.
The theme of the Essay Competition is
“Changing Landscape of Mediation”
- The title of the essay should be followed by Name of the student(s),Name of the University/ Institution and E-mail address.
- The essay should be typed in MS Word format preferably 2007 or 2010. The essay must be in single column lay-out with margins justified on both sides.
- The length of the essay should not be more than 3,500 words (including footnotes).
- The sub-heading should be in Font size 12, Bold, Times New Roman and Center aligned.
- The sub-heading should be in Font size 12, Bold, Times New Roman and Center aligned.The main text should be in Font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
- All references must be in form of foot-notes with Font size 10 single spacing.
- For citation : Bluebook 20th Edition should be followed.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted
- Participants not adhering to the word limit will be marked negatively.
- The Essays are strictly meant to be an original work of authors/ co-authors. Plagiarized essays will be disqualified.
Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or
incomplete submission will lead to disqualification.
The Essay can be written by a maximum number of 2 Co-authors.
NOTE : Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx format only.
In addition to sending the essay as an attachment, you must include your name, mailing address, and the university or school that you’re enrolled in. All submission of essays shall be made in soft copies to (email@example.com) and subject of the mail should be “Essay writing competition”
Registration Fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)per participant.
- Last date of registration : 31st March 2020
- Last date for receiving the submission : 10th April 2020
- Declaration of results (tentative): 30th April 2020
- 1st Prize Rs. 7,500 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
- 2nd Prize Rs. 5,000 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
- 3rd Prize Rs. 2,500 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
- 3 Consolation Prize – Rs. 1,000 and
- Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
- University would issue participation certificate to all the participants.
Dr. Apoorva Dixit
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org M. No. +91-9893088822
Ms. Saumya Shaji
EMAIL : email@example.com M.No. +91-9662966992