Kindly register using Google Forms at https://forms.gle/qws7aqEWCbsuLEQCA
The South Asian Journal of International Law is a biannual law journal covering international law in a combination of theoretical and practical approaches. It also provides coverage of the relationship between international law and public and private international legal developments in the South Asian region.
The team of Internationalism has opened the Call for Articles for the biannual journal. Depending on the quality of submissions, Issue 1 of the Journal is set to be published by June-end or July 1st week, 2020.
- International economic law
- International security law
- International criminal law
- International environmental law
- Diplomatic law
- International humanitarian law, A.K.A. law of war.
- International human rights law
- Sources of International Law
- International Law and Technology
- International Criminal Law
The above mention themes are not exhaustive.
Nature of Submissions:
The Submissions are comprised of 3 kinds:
- Discussion Papers
The policy documents are written and analysed by our Interns under the ROI Programme shall be published in the Journal;
- Technical and Legal Articles (Long Articles)
Any article (from the domains of International Law) with due adherence to the themes are tenable to be published in the Journal;
- Case Comments on Law & International Affairs Issues
Case Comments on issues related to Law and International Affairs can be published in the Journal;
- Book/Article Reviews:
Book/Article reviews of various publications can be published in the Journal;
All articles must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following article categories are welcome:
- The abstract must not exceed 800 words in length and must not be less than 500 words in length.
- The length of the following kinds of submissions are as follows:
- Technical and Legal Articles (Long Articles): 4,000-10,000 words
- Case Comments: 2,000-2,500 words
- Book/Article Reviews: 2,000-2,500 words
- The object and clarity of the paper decide its selection and publication process.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 7 authors.
- All references should be done in the format of in-text citations following the ISO 690:1987 (First Element & Date) standard. No references are allowed whether in the format of endnotes or footnotes. However, footnotes providing further information or subjective notes are allowed. Use Springer LNCS for the format of the paper draft.
- Also, kindly provide a Bibliography of List of References as well.
- Kindly register using Google Forms at https://forms.gle/qws7aqEWCbsuLEQCA.
- Provide your ORCiD (Kindly register at orcid.org for free), in your paper submitted to us at easychair.org.
- Ensure the originality of the research work submitted. The work has to be fully referenced, and all authors should be accurately represented. Kindly get acknowledgment letters from co-authors before the submission for no objection, if your paper is accepted for publication.
- Kindly submit the abstract first in the form of a PDF to us at the portal. After due approval given by the team, kindly connect with the team and mail in the revised copies at email@example.com as requested.
- Our team will contact you after your paper selection for the due submission of your ORCiD.
- The submission must be exclusive. It must not be published or submitted anywhere else, all, or in part. In case of submission anywhere else, the author should intimate the team clearly on this and get clearance from the Editorial Board if the same is approved based on the circumstances.
- Disclose sources of all data and third-party material, including previously unpublished work by the authors themselves.
- Strictly avoid fabrication of research data as well as manipulation of existing data.
- Openly declare any conflicts of interest – for example, if the research work was intended to benefit any particular service or institute in which the author’s interest lies. If the submitted work contains a significant conceptual or textual reproduction of the research work undertaken by/for such an institution, then kindly submit an acknowledgment letter from the relevant authority.
- Expect accurate plagiarism checking measures. Submissions will be scrutinized for plagiarism of words, ideas, writings, information, illustration, graphic representations, printed and electronic materials, and any other original work. The correct citation is essential.
- Do proper referencing in the submission by strictly following the recommended citation style. At any stage of the editorial/review process, the author(s) will be directed to undertake this themselves if the submission has not used proper referencing styles. Maintain good communication and cooperate fully with the editorial team.
- All the selection remarks for the papers will be provided on EasyChair to every individual applicant with the case whether their paper is approved or not.
- Only 1 paper can be submitted per participant. More than one paper is not allowed, and only 1 Track, therefore, is to be chosen. If the guidelines have not adhered to, the paper shall stand disqualified with the due notification issued.
- The papers reviewed and approved by the Peer Reviewers and Editors will be published in our upcoming issue of the Journal with an ISSN. The Journal may be available in other possible forms and forums. The team will be in the process of attainment of adequate recognition standards for the articles published, for which, we will contact you and intimate shortly.
Deadlines for the Paper Submissions (according to Indian Standard Time):
- Deadline for Paper (with and without abstract submission): 15 May 2020
- Intimation of Selection of Paper by Assessment: 31 May 2020 (14 days within the submission of the manuscript)
Link to Submit: https://forms.gle/qws7aqEWCbsuLEQCA
Payment Fee and Process:
They do not charge any fee for the purpose of publication.