Government of the Slovak Republic invites application for National Scholarship Programme from eligible and interested candidates.
The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme supports mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists. The programme is administrated by SAIA, n. o., based on a contract with the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organisations in Slovakia.
Research/Job Area: Education, Science, Research and Sport
Location: Slovak Republic
UC Doctoral Scholarship at University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
A) students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 full semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or full 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
B) PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research/artistic stay in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
C) international university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its seat in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations in Slovakia.
The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
a) university student of the second level of higher education- 400 €
b) PhD student- 734 €
c) university teacher/researcher/artist:
without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist- 734 €
with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist- 980 €
with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist- 1,050 €
How to Apply:
- Scholarship applications are submitted online at www.scholarships.sk.
- Online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline.
- Applications can be filled in only in case that the online application system has already been opened.
- Applicants must fill in their online applications and upload all the required attachments in required format to their online application.
Applicants are allowed to submit (fill in) applications and the required attachments in Slovak or English language only (documents written in other languages must be officially translated into Slovak or English language – translation can be certified by the same institution that issued the respective document).
In case of documents, that are attached to the application and that are issued by a person other than the applicant (e.g. recommendation letters, confirmations of study, diploma/diploma supplement/state examination certificate, admission/invitation letter) it is necessary to upload the scan of these documents to the online application. The applicant is obliged to keep and archive all originals of documents that he/she has attached to the online application in electronic format, and if requested, to submit these originals (or certified copies of these originals) to the programme administrator.
Once the application is filled in and all the required documents are attached to the application, the applicant must submit the application by clicking the “SEND” button. It is also necessary to deliver original of the admission/invitation letter to SAIA, n. o., in Bratislava. This document must be delivered6 at latest on the 3rd working day after the application deadline until 12 p.m. (when determining the working days, legal status in Slovakia is taken into consideration).
For Contact: email@example.com
Last Date for Apply: 30 April 2020
- 30 April till 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the next academic year
- 31 October till 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the summer semester of the current academic year