ABOUT THE COMMITTEE:
The Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has constituted a Committee to recommend reforms in criminal laws in India. The Committee seeks to review criminal laws in a principled, effective and efficient manner, informed by constitutional values of justice,
dignity and the inherent worth of the individual. Towards this end, the Committee will be supported by researchers, consultants and interns.
The Centre is looking to engage full-time interns, for both offline and online roles, to support
research and ancillary activities of the Committee.
The duration of the internship is for two months (extendable by another two months), starting
1.The interns shall primarily be required to conduct research in the areas of Criminal Law,
including the Indian Penal Code 1860, the Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 and the Indian
Evidence Act 1872, under the supervision and guidance of Committee Members and
Researcher team associated with the Committee.
2.The interns will additionally be involved with other activities of the Committee including
the organisation of consultations and meetings with various stakeholders.
3. Since this is a full-time role, candidates are expected to work for a minimum of 6 hours
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
3. Previous internships.
4. The internship is only open to the students in the 4th/ 5
th year of a five-year integrated
LL.B. Programme/ final year of a three-year LL.B. Programme/ LL.M candidates with
specialization in Criminal Law.
5. Students in 1st, 2nd and 3rd year of the five-year integrated LL.B. Programme and 1st and 2nd
year of the three-year LL.B. Programme need not apply.
6. For candidates willing to work offline, preference will be given to those residing in Delhi.
All Applicants are required to apply by 20th May 2020, 11.59 pm latest. Applications beyond
this date and time will not be considered.
The applicants are required to submit their CV, a Statement of Purpose (maximum 400 words) and a writing sample (published/unpublished, sole authorship, preferably on Criminal Law) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application for Internship: Committee for Reforms in Criminal Law’. Mention your preferred mode of internship –
whether offline and online, in the body of the mail. The interns shall be informed of their
selection via email.
1. National Law University Delhi is an equal opportunity employer.
2. Provision of stipend is subject to exceptional performance.
3. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
4. Interns will be required to carry their personal Laptops.
5. Please direct any queries to email@example.com
Here is the Brochure: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ljl6Dk11nF66RdWuhO-3481cSXSY5pJM/view?usp=drivesdk