- Scholarship Offering Country:Netherlands.
- Scholarship Institute: Leiden University.
- Available Seats: Limited.
- Criteria: Academic excellence.
- Program: Masters Program.
- Courses: Mentioned Below.
- Total Award Value: Fully-Funded/Partially Funded scholarships.
- Last Date to Apply: 1st Oct 2020.
- Eligible Nationals: All Countries.
Leiden University announced scholarships for Masters program once again. Students from all over the world can apply for the scholarship except the EU citizens. University offering LLM advanced studies or masters program. University will cover all tuition fees as well as there is also an optin of loan for students. Complete details of Leiden University Excellence Scholarships For Masters are as follows.
Eligible Faculties Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- For non-EEA/non-EFTA* nationals who are applying for a Master’s programme at Leiden University. See additional note for UK students below.
- For students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Additional Note for UK students
If there is no deal specifying otherwise, after Brexit day, UK citizens will be required to pay the same tuition fee as non-EEA/non-EFTA students. If this occurs, UK students will become eligible for the LExS. Students can apply from February 2020. However, in the event of a deal, LExS applications from UK nationals will be cancelled.
More information on Brexit can be found in the Brexit dossier.
Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
Applicants must have a non-EEA/non-EFTA* passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- All LLM Advanced Studies programmes
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Benefits or Loan Amount
The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA LExS recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. Also, this is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
For more information you can visit the official website, https://scholarshipandgrant.com/leiden-university-excellence-scholarships-for-masters/