About the Organisation
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14th October 2003.
About the Conference
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) will organize the 6th National Conference/Webinar on Economics of Competition Law on 5th March 2021 in New Delhi.
This conference/webinar aims to:
- Stimulate research and debate on contemporary issues in the field of the economics of competition law.
- Develop a better understanding of competition issues relevant to the Indian context.
- Draw inferences for implementation of competition law in India.
The conference/webinar targets economists including scholars, practitioners and competition agency officials with a keen interest in the economics of competition law and policy. Co-authored papers are allowed. However, one of the authors should be an Indian citizen and necessarily have at least a Master’s degree in Economics.
Submission of Papers
A 1000-word abstract of the paper including research questions, methodology and expected results along with one-page curriculum vitae and contact details should be submitted initially.
Authors of selected abstracts will then be invited to submit full original papers of not more than 5000 words.
Abstracts along with CV may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference/webinar is expected to cover a wide range of related themes.
However, papers in the following themes are encouraged:
- Market definition, measuring market power and abuse of dominance
- Vertical restraints and competition
- Horizontal agreements and cartelization
- Economics of platform markets and challenges for antitrust enforcement.
- Intellectual Property Rights and competition law.
- Price and non-price effects of mergers
- Any other issues related to competition policy and law.
There is no conference/webinar fee.
Post-conference/webinar publication: Depending on the quality of submissions, some papers may be considered for publication by the CCI.
Financial support: Paper presenters at the Conference shall be provided financial support.
New Delhi, India
- Last date of submission of abstracts: 16th August 2020
- Review, Selection, and intimation to authors: 1st October 2020
- Last date for submission of full papers: 1st December 2020
- Review and Finalization of papers: 1st February 2021
- Conference webinar date: 5th March 2021
Selection of Themes and Speakers
The CCI will have complete discretion in deciding the themes of the sessions based on the responses received as well as in selecting the speakers.
Papers based on empirical research that can inform enforcement and policy are encouraged.
E-mail ID: email@example.com.