About UPES School of Law:
School of Law, UPES was established in 2007 in Dehradun as College of Legal Studies (COLS). It is one of the best and foremost multidisciplinary law schools in India. Its accomplishments has moved it to the pinnacle of legal education by creating expertise in the highly expanding and dynamic areas of Energy, Corporate, Taxation, Intellectual Property and Cyber laws.
The objective at School of Law is to produce competent and strong global legal professionals for the future who contribute to nation-building. School of Law includes programs like techno-legal programs such as LLM with specialization in Energy Laws and several specialized programs including B.Tech. LL.B. with specialization in Cyber Laws and IPR which is a field of prime importance in the future. The programs, at School of Law, enable students to develop strong legal acumen that would help them handle the complexities in legal matters of the entities they associate with and guide them through.
About The Journal :
UPES Student Law Review is a bi-annual, student run, double blind peer-reviewed legal e-journal based at School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies emanating and embracing legal scholarship. It is the publication that is entirely produced by the student board of the University under supervision of faculty advisors.
The UPES SLR Journal aims to publish comprehensive treatments of subjects (“articles”), written by law students at graduate and postgraduate grades as well as shorter pieces, commonly called “notes” and “comments”.
Submission Guidelines :
- Submissions can be in the form of articles, research papers and short notes. The acceptable word limit should not exceed:
- Articles: 5,000 to 7,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Essays: 3,000 to 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Book Reviews: 2,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- (For book reviews, only unsolicited entries are encouraged. It is also required that the book must have been published/reprinted in the last three year from the date of submission).
- All the submissions must consist of an Abstract of not more than 300 words, main contribution and a declaration of originality. The abstract will not be included in the word limit.
- It is advisable to choose a theme that is of contemporary relevance and has an issue of law to be engaged with analytically. Papers dealing with foreign themes, in any of the above categories, should also engage with its relevance in the Indian context.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
Format & Citation Guidelines :
- Submission in a Microsoft Word-compatible format (.doc or .docx preferred).
- Size of main text must be in Times New Roman font size 12.
- Main title should be in full capitals, bold and centered, Times New Roman font size 16.
- Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold, Times New Roman font size 12.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman font size 10.
- Citation must be in Bluebook Uniform Style of Citation (20th edition).
Important Dates :
Last date for submissions of abstracts : 7th August 2020
Communication of acceptance of abstracts : 22nd August 2020
Last date for final submission of full paper : 22nd September 2020
Submission Procedure :
Authors are requested to send their original, unpublished submissions in .doc/.docx format to email@example.com
The submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter bearing the following information:
- Full Name of the Author(s)
- Position /Designation
- Institutional Affiliations
- Contact Details of the Author(s)
For any questions or clarifications, the author may contact the board at Upesstudentlawreview@ddn.upse.ac.in
And for more events visit our Facebook page : https://m.facebook.com/theknowledgesteez