About Law Mantra Trust : “Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law Mantra is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
Concept Note :
This Call for chapter is for contributions in an edited Book on the theme PATENT, TRADITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, BIOTECHNOLOGY LAW: POLICY & PRACTICE. Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind; products born from our thoughts and intellect and encompasses most notable forms of assets envisaged by our minds, such as inventions, literary works, artistic works, songs and music, trademarks, designs and names and images purposed for industrial use. The concept of intellectual property arose from the imperative need to devise some form of mechanization to protect creations of the mind and thought.
Sub Themes :
- Conceptual Understanding of Patent;
- New Development And Challenges in IPR under Patent Law
- Biotechnology patents and the problem of non-obviousness;
- Nanotechnology and Patent process;
- Indian Patent Act: its Implications for World Pharmaceutical Trade;
- Pharmaceutical patenting in India-problem of public access to health;
- Patenting software related inventions: trends in UK and US;
- Patent policy and medical procedures: is there any justification for granting of patents?
- Novelty as criteria of patentability-study of UK, US and INDIAN Position;
- A study of patent system in India in the light of the Patent Cooperation Treaty;
- Role of IPR in Life Science industries;
- Determining Novelty of the claimed Invention: study of US and Indian Patent system;
- Patent and Transfer of Technology;
- Prior use and prior publication as obstacles or patenting of inventions;
- Bioinformatics and Intellectual Property;
- Patenting of Living organisms under the European Patent Convention;
- Nanotechnology and Patent process: response by Patent Offices?
- Conceptual Understanding of Traditional Knowledge;
- Biotechnology & new regime in IPR;
- Conceptual Understanding of Biotechnology Law;
- Biotechnology patenting and bio-diversity protection: resolving conflict;
- The role of IPR in protection of Biodiversity;
- Protection of Micro Organism- International Prescriptions
- Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to Patent Law, Traditional Knowledge, Biotechnology Law.
Guidelines for Paper Submission :
- Abstract (Minimum 300 Words) Along with 5 Minimum Keywords, along with final paper should be send by 15thNovember, 2020.
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI STYLE;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit.
- Originality of Manuscripts: Plagiarism more than 15% will strictly be rejected.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes);
- All Contribution must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Selected paper will be published with ISBN.
Who Should Submit?: Interested Professors, Researchers, Practitioners, Students are invited to submit Book Chapters. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind peer review basis. Please submit your chapter and a brief personal biography. Your Chapter should also include a chapter title. After careful review of all Chapters, the editorial board will contact individuals. Questions and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The research chapters should be a comprehensive review of contemporary relevant legal issues mentioned above.
How To Submit :
Authors can submit their manuscripts to Editors at email@example.com
Submissions Deadline :
- Submission of Final paper: 15th November, 2020 (11:59 P.M)
- Authors who do not follow these guidelines may have their submission returned to them without being reviewed.
For more details contact us at +91-8860257167, firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Details Visit : www.lawmantra.org, then Click on Edited Book
And for more events visit our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/theknowledgesteez/