deadline for submissions: March 31, 2021
full name / name of organization: Word and Text – A Journal of Literary Studies and Linguistics
contact email: email@example.com
Word and Text – A Journal of Literary Studies and Linguistics (ISSN 2069-9271; online ISSN 2247-9163) is an annual peer-reviewed international journal which is scheduled to appear in December. It ranges across critical theory, literary studies and criticism, cultural studies as well as general and applied linguistics. It publishes essays and reviews in English, both by established scholars and young researchers, which explore a broad range of current issues in theory, criticism and linguistics in relation to literature, culture and language.
Journal invite contributions related, but not limited to, the following:
• Derrida, deconstruction, and “zoogrammatology”
• Creaturely poetics • Animal and human embodiment
• Bodily vulnerability and finitude
• Zoopoetics: literature ‘about’ animals or literature as ‘always already’ animal
• Writing, mimesis, and (representations of) animality
• Philosophies of language and representations of the non-human world
• Poetry, poetics, formalism, and the body of the text
• Materialism(s) and textuality
• Deconstructive approaches to mind/body value reversals
• The history, methods, and legacy of the Humanities
• The future and methods of the Post-Humanities
• The linguistic and counter-linguistic turns
• The animal turn as part of the counter-linguistic turn
• Literary theories of textuality (in relation to animality)
We welcome interdisciplinary approaches, ranging across critical theory, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, as well as other disciplines in the humanities and the sciences.
Contributors are advised to follow the journal’s submission guidelines and stylesheet, which can be downloaded from the journal’s website at http://jlsl.upg-ploiesti.ro/.
Please send 500-word proposals to the journal editors, who will answer any queries you may have. Articles selected for publication must be submitted by April 30, 2021. All submitted articles will be blind-refereed except when invited. Accepted articles will be returned for post-review revisions by June 30, 2021 and will be expected back in their final version by September 30, 2021 at the latest. Proposals and articles should be sent as attachments to the journal’s editors (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) as well as to this special issue’s guest editor (PiskorskiR@cardiff.ac.uk).