3rd NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM & AWARDS 2019 12th & 13th October 2019 “LAW, SOCIETY AND CHANGING SOCIAL NORMS” & “CRIMINAL LAW & CRIMONOLOGY”
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Iswar Saran Post Graduate College, a premier constituent college of the University of Allahabad was established in 1970 under the aegis of Iswar Saran Ashram with two vibrant units; Gandhi Study Circle and Gandhi Memorial Library as integral part of it. The college imparts higher education in three streams; Arts, Commerce, and Social Sciences with the maximum emphasis on quality didactics and higher moral values to keep pace with the global and national demands.
Apart from this, the college also runs several vocational courses approved by UGC under different faculties viz. Computer Application, Computer and Electronic Equipment Maintenance and six add-on courses like mobile repairing, e-commerce, watershed management, microbial bio-fertilizer : production and utilization, computer application ‘O’ level diploma, and library science.
The college sprawls over 50 acre of land with rich infrastructural setup including adequate number of lecture halls, smart classes, well equipped laboratories, general library, reference library, computer centre, conference hall, multimedia centre, gymnasium, sports complex, student health centre, career guidance cell, Grievance cell and women cell etc. A Botanical garden and conservatory has also been established to conserve rare and threatened plants of the region. Such an infrastructural setup has generated work culture, academic and research milieu in the college conductive to the pursuit of studies and producing top rankers in academic and outreach activities of the University/college. The college also has a NCC Coy for boys and 1 Coy for girls, and 10 NSS Units both for boys and girls.
Faculty of Social Science, Iswar Saran Post Graduate College is organizing two day National Symposium & Awards on 12th and 13th of October 2019.
Eminent personalities from various spheres of legal profession will be attending the seminar to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this seminar, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of criminal law and Social Sciences and its intricate dynamics. The objectives of the symposium is to provide a platform to students of various law schools, School of Social Sciences and members of the allied disciplines to have qualified discussions on various themes revolving around the topic.
This symposium will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of Criminal Law and Social Sciences. The symposium will be an educative event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit of the criminal law and social aspect prevailing in the country.
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
We are looking forward for proposals in form of abstracts Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers, Research Scholars and Students. The Abstract should not only address the Key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in current scenario. The abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however it should provide the existing literature with the practical utility of author’s recommendations.
THEME & SUB-THEMES
“LAW, SOCIETY AND CHANGING SOCIAL NORMS”
a. Law as an instrument of social change
b. Law and social transformation
c. Law and social movement
d. Relationship between Law and morality
e. Law and Morality – Theoretical issues
f. Constitutional morality, religious morality and freedom of religion
g. Social morality and Constitutional morality-
· Transgender marriage
· Marital Rape
· Abortion Right
· Mob Lynching
· Juvenile Delinquency
h. Law and Social Inequality
j. Law and social policy- Population Control Bill, 2018- Triple Talaq Act
k. Arbitration & Conciliation: A new social dimension in resolving legal disputes
l. Transforming Media: Academics Institutions, Creative and Cultural Industries
“CRIMINAL LAW & CRIMONOLOGY”
I. Crime Against Women Moral Effects Over The Society
1. Feminism, its kinds and Feminist Awakening.
2. Harassment at workplace.
2. Domestic Violence.
3. Female Genital Mutilation and the laws.
4. Human Trafficking & Prostitution.
5. Cyber Crimes against women and prevention.
6. Insult to Modesty.
7. Prevention of crimes against women in India and challenges.
8. Termination of pregnancy- Forced Abortion.
9. Laws relating to Obscenity and indent Representation of Women.
10. Prevention of crimes against women- International Commitments.
11. Lacunas investigation and trail procedure of rape survivor and victims of other forms of abuse.
12. Reflection of Judicial Sensitivity- Role of Judiciary in prevention of crimes against women.
13. Recommendation on Women’s Access to Justice.
- Indian Criminal Justice System & Social Reforms
- Justice To Victims & Fair Trial
2. Rights Of Accused
3. Reformation Of Criminal Justice System
4. Moral Policing In India
5. Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
6. Criminal Justice technology in 21st century- crime prevention and policing
7. Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
8. Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
9. Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgements and technological advancements.
10. Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
11. Hostile Witness.
12. Law enforcement agencies – Police and Investigating Agencies: A gateway to Access to Justice.
13. Access to Justice for Victims & Witnesses.
14. Rights of Prison Inmates.
15. Role of Judicial Institutions: Courts, Tribunals in Access to Justice.
16. Human Trafficking: Control, Prevention and Rehabilitation of Trafficked Survivors.
III. Traditional And New Crime With The Effect Over The Society
1. White Collar Crimes
2. Police Atrocities
3. Honour Killing
4. Race, Ethnicity, social structure and crime.
5. Organised Crimes
6. Economic Crimes
7. Technology, crime and its changing patterns.
8. Cross border and Transnational Crimes: Complexities
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers; Research Scholars and Students from various fields, allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the seminar.
Co-Authorship up to a maximum of four authors is allowed.
How to Participate?
Authors may send their abstract at email@example.com
The abstract should not exceed 350 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
· Title of the Paper
· Name of the Author(s)
· Name of the Institute
· E-mail Address
· Postal Address
· Contact number
The registration fee including registration kit, lunch, tea break, etc., excluding the accommodation, is as follows:
(1) For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,000/-
(2) For Participant – Rs 750/-
(1) For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,500/-
(2) For Participant – Rs 1,250/-
(1) For Paper presentation (student)- 1,500/-
(2) For Paper Presentation (professionals)- 2,000/-
Once the payment has been made, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it along with the scanned copy of the registration form firstname.lastname@example.org separate registration needs to be done for co-authors.
There shall be the awards for the Best Presentations. The winners will be awarded with Trophies, Certificates.
TIMELINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
- Submission of Abstracts by: 27thSeptember 2019
- Last date for final Submission,
Registration form & Registration fee: 5th October 2019
- 3rdNational Symposium & Awards: 12th & 13th October 2019
Ishwar Saran Post Graduate College,
Prof. Rattan Lal Hangloo
Hon’ble Vice Chancellor
University of Allahabad
Hon’ble Mr. Justice R.D. Khare
High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, Prayagraj.
Shri R.K Srivastava
Chairperson, Gov. Body,
Iswar Saran Post Graduate College, Prayagraj.
Dr. Indira Srivastava
Associate Professor, Department of Sociology,
Iswar Saran Post Graduate College, Prayagraj.
Ms. Eshita Pandey
Legal Path Foundation, Lucknow.
Contact Details: (+91)-9129495447; 9792600921; 9793200993
For official brochure : Click here.