Internship in the department of financial resources & logistics, dedicated to OSCAR project
10-07-2014 Job Opportunity
Position based in Satigny / Geneva – 100%
Purpose of the post
The Department of Financial Resources & Logistics is leading a project named OSCAR, aiming at improving Supply Chain management and customer service. To this end, Logistics, Finance and Assistance Divisions are working together to implement new ways of working, based on a transversal software named JD Edwards. A first release was started in June 2014 in Geneva, and will continue in September in Nairobi and Manila and November in DRC.
In order to face the growing preparation planning and work, particularly for the Kenya deployment OSCAR Change management team needs the assistance of a second intern able to provide valuable support.
Supporting the Change Management Team in the implementation of OSCAR Communication plan (for Kenya and Congo in priority) including:
- Compiling inputs and data from several sources in order to create a functional User Guide
- Edit and update training presentations
- Maintain online user support centre (validate and post: new documentations, latest news announcements, recent questions and answers, etc.)
- French translation of English documents (glossary, training material, user guide, communication messages, etc.)
Organization / Security planning
- Assist in defining and organizing branch plant security (i.e. limitation of data accessible per country)
- Defining in collaboration with the Change Management coordinator communication messages/material (newsletter, intranet announcements, e mails, etc.)
- Contribute to their organization (mobilize actors, prepare support, manage logistics, …)
- Supporting the implementation of these communication plans in coordination with the Head of Unit.
Training and experience required
- Master Degree in business / or engineering / or IT / or communication (General profile)
- Fluency in English and French required.
- Experience working in complex project environment (i.e. multi-national, multiple stakeholders, multiple launches)
Profile and skills sought
- Interest in the ICRC activities and Logistics / Finance issues
- Capacity to quickly understand OSCAR project scope, goals (main changes for end users, general processes, JD Edwards philosophy,…)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in French and English.
- Well organized and diligent.
- Good team player.
- Strong ability to address multiple actors.
- Able to work independently and autonomously when required.
- Good computer skills (Windows OS, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Motivated to learn and to develop new skills.
- Capacity to learn and fulfil technical tasks (using Sharepoint, Rhythmx, UPK, JD Edwards…).
- and creativity!
Length of internship: 4 months
Start date: as soon as possible
Please submit your applications via email to email@example.com or later than 18Ih of July 2014.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Application files should include the following elements:
- A complete CV
- A cover letter in French and English
- Exact dates of availability
- As a plus: examples of realization (text image, audio,…)
- Link: http://www.icrc.org/eng/resources/documents/job/current-vacancies/hq-oscar.htm
Information Courtesy: http://clickinternship.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/internship-in-icrc-at-the-department-of-financial-resources-logistics-dedicated-to-oscar-project/