ABOUT THE EVENT
Communication is the backbone of our society. It allows us to form connections, influence decisions, and motivate change. Without communication skills, the ability to progress in the working world and in life, itself, would be nearly impossible.
Public speaking is one of the most important and most dreaded forms of communication. Glossophobia or speech anxiety is the most common fear people have across the globe. Throughout primary school, it is easy to be the student who sits in the back of the classroom and avoids raising his or her hand to dodge such situations.
But in the working world, public speaking is a vital skill to have and to hone. It affects simple, everyday interactions between co-workers, bosses and employees, marketing professionals and clients, etc., and it can have an enormous impact on your career path and your level of success in your industry.
Through the extempore competition, we aim to instil the confidence of fluent and thorough speaking to our people so that they are ever ready to cross the communication barriers in respect to their professional ways.
ABOUT LEX ASSISTO
Lex Assisto is an independent and interactive platform where we simplify the legal process and assist people in the finest and most effective manner. Our vision is to make the legal experience unique by rendering services of high quality, cost-effective and on-demand for every need.
We the people of Lex Assisto are actively involved in spreading legal awareness, legal education and legal information all across the globe which will be used as a tool for the advancement of public good and legal assistance.
The language of the Competition shall be English only.
Undergraduate students pursuing any graduation, post-graduation from any Institute/ College/ University are eligible to participate.
More than 1 individual can also participate in the competition from any Institute/ College/ University.
RULES FOR THE COMPETITION
There shall be 3 Rounds – Preliminary Rounds, Semis Finals and Final. The Top 4 Participants of the Semi-final move to the Final Round.
· In Preliminary Rounds each participant will be given 4 min to think and 4 min to speak extempore on a topic picked up by him/ her.
· In Semi Final Rounds each participant will be given 3 min to think and 4 min to speak extempore on a topic picked up by him/ her.
· In Final Rounds each participant will be given 2 min to think and 5 min to speak extempore on a topic picked up by him/ her.
· The Topics of the Competition shall relate to Law, Society, Management or Current Issues. They would be of general nature and not very specific.
· The topic shall be selected by the participant via Draw of Lots.
· He/she will be given two minutes prior to the speech to think over the topic.
· The Competition shall be conducted in English only.
· Maximum time limit for thinking over the topic will be 3 minutes and maximum time for speech will be 4 minutes.
· The participant will be allowed to select the topic maximum twice. In case he or she decides to select the topic second time then he or she will not be allowed to take up the first topic.
· There would be regular reminders by way of warning bells.
· Participant will not be allowed to take any paper or material with him or her during the speech.
· The Decision of the Judges shall be final and no objection shall lie for the same.
· In case of a tie, the winner would be decided by another round of elocution.
AWARDS & CASH PRIZE
· Winner: Rs. 5000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Appreciation
· 1st Runner Up: Rs. 3000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Appreciation
· 2nd Runner Up: Rs. 2000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Appreciation
· Special Mention: Trophy + Certificate of Appreciation
*Participation Certificates for all the Participants.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Last Date of Registration: 31st March 2020
Last Date of Online Payment: 31st March 2020
The registration fees include your Registration, Event Kit followed by Lunch and Participation Certificate.
Registration Fees: Rs. 150/-
HOW TO REGISTER?
All the participants will have to register by filling the Google Form: Click Here (https://forms.gle/mtvnCydY8GxLAxiz6)
After filling the form, kindly attaches the Screenshot of the Fee Paid, without which you’re Registration, shall not be valid.
Once successfully registered you shall receive an mail for the confirmation of your registration from the side of Lex Assisto.
Rajasthan School of Law for Women (Kanoria’s Law College), Near Gandhi Circle, J.L.N. Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
All the participants can make the payment by the following method:-
Paytm/ Phone Pe/ Google Pay: 8504951904
· Account Holder: Jyotirmoy Banerjee
· Account No.: 918504951904
· IFSC Code: PYTM0123456
*(Kindly take a screenshot or the payment receipt of the payment done and attach it to the Registration Form.)
GET IN TOUCH
For any queries contact us at
· Ms. Neha Goenka: +91 8209331707
· Ms. Ishika Goyal: +91 9610323893
For More Details Feel Free To Ping Us:
· Mr. Abhishek Charan (Convenor): +91 9521560023
· Ms. Dhriti Laddha (Co-Convenor): +91 9660766912
Or for any other query related to the event you can directly reach us at email@example.com for more info.
Our Official Instagram Page: https://instagram.com/ad_lib1.0?igshid=fcccukn2y6um
For More Details Visit: https://lexassisto.com/ad-lib-1-0-national-extempore-competition-2020-registration-open-april-04/