About:We engage with Ministries in the Government of India, State governments, Standing Committees of Parliament, other agencies and instrumentalities of the state, either at Union or State level, advising on proposed legislation and regulation, assist in legislative drafting and provide independent critical analyses of existing law and policy with recommendations for reform.
In all our work we are entirely non-partisan and committed to the highest standards of research and professional excellence.
For Internship: The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (VCLP) is inviting applications for internships from students enrolled on a recognised three-year or five-year law programme at any Indian university.
VCLP is an independent Delhi-based think tank conducting high-quality, analytical research on diverse aspects of public law, constitutional law and international law in order to influence legislative design and policy-making in India.
Our work includes :
– Undertaking critical analyses of bills and rules before Parliament and State legislatures
– Providing drafting assistance and advice on proposed legislation to various ministries and departments within the Government of India and State Governments
– Producing independent reports on important questions of law, policy and governance
VCLP has advised a Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Bill 2010 and produced reports on the Prevention of Torture Bill 2010 and the Judicial Standards and Accountability Bill 2011. For more information about our work, please visit our website athttp://www.vidhilegalpolicy.in
Interns at VCLP will have the opportunity to :
– Interact with legal academics and practising lawyers
– Conduct research on cutting-edge issues of law and policy
– Assist with drafting reports
– Attend Supreme Court hearings and help update an upcoming blog on the latest petitions, part-heard matters and final judgments of the Supreme Court
Applications are invited on a rolling basis for a minimum period of 4 weeks and a maximum period of 12 weeks. Interns will be required to be resident in Delhi for the duration of the internship. A basic stipend will be provided.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com
– A writing sample of not more than 1500 words on any legal subject
– The exact dates over which you would like to undertake your internship. You may specify any dates from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014
Address: Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
Lower Ground, D21
New Delhi 110014