ABOUT Prof.H.N. TRIPATHI
Professor Harihar Nath Tripathi was born in a small village, Belcha, in the District – Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh. He carried M.A. (Political Science) and Sanskrit Acharya both from BHU. Prof. Tripathi has been recipient of many distinguished awards.
1) Motilal Nehru Award for his work Sanghwadi given by Uttar Pradesh Sahitya Academy.
2) Govind Vallabh Pant Award given by Uttar Pradesh Sahitya Academy for his work Prachin Bharat Mein Rajya aur Nyayapallika,
3) Ganga Nath Jha Award given by Uttar Pradesh Sahitya Academy for his work Bhartiya Vichardarshanam,
4) Banbhatt Award given by Uttar Pradesh Sahitya Academy for his work Niti Vidhi Vimarshaha.
Prof. Tripathi had in his credit innumerable articles, books published in the different languages, like Sanskrit, Hindi and English. His popular academic works being published and widely recognized are Bharatiya Vichardhara, Prachin Bharat Mein Rajya aur Nyayapallika, Prachin Bharat Mein paradh aur Dand, Bhartiya Vichardarshanam, Niti Vidhi Vimarshaha, Property Rights to Women in Ancient India, etc.
He always thought about a harmonious construction between Vedic ideology and modern tradition for the sake of society because society always renovates itself with time but new generation ought not unaware of our roots.
No Registration Fee
The Competition is open to all U.G and P.G students enrolled in courses from any recognized university across the country.
TOPIC FOR THE ESSAY
“THE CHANGING DIMENSIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION POLICY IN INDIA”
PRIZES AND CERTIFICATES
1st Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize, will be awarded to the winners with cash rewards.
*Certificate of appreciation shall be awarded only to the top twenty entries at the Prof. Harihar Nath Tripathi Foundation’s H N Tripathi Memorial Lecture Function on 26th March, 2017, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
· The essay must be written in English.
· Co-authorship (maximum of two authors) is permitted. However, only one entry is allowed per author.
· Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. No part of the essay, except the cover page, should contain any identification of author.
· There is no registration fee for essay competition.
All submissions must adhere to the following requirements:
· Format Specification
Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5, Footnote Font Size: 10, Footnote Spacing: 1.0, Alignment Justified
· The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and scanned copy of University/Institution’s Identity Card or filled registration form. An abstract should not be more than 300 words inclusive of title and keywords.
· The essay should not be more than 4000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
· Citations must be strictly in accordance with the Harvard Blue Book style (19th ed.)
· Registration form is to be sent along with the essay.
· All the manuscript are to be mailed at email@example.com
March 2017 in word (doc or .docx) file format with the subject titled as ‘TITLE OF ESSAY: NAME OF AUTHOR(S) & INSTITUTION’.
CRITERIA OF MARKING
S. NO. CRITERIA WEIGHTAGE
· Thoroughness/quality of research 50
· Creativity/ originality 40
· Logical representation 40
· Articulation of ideas 30
· Grammar 20 Footnoting 20
· The Jury shall comprise of independent experts, legal luminaries, professionals in the field of law, Social Sciences, Management & Science their decision shall be final and unchallengeable.
· Prof. A K Pandey,
Law Faculty, BHU,
· Prof. R P pathak,
Former Head, Deptt of Political Science, BHU,
· Prof. Anjali Bajpai,
Faculty of Education, BHU,
· Prof. Ashish Bajpai,
Institute of Management Studies, BHU,
· Prof. Padnabh Dwivedi,
Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner.
For Further Queries
Contact: 7017465706, 9450244368